Coordinator / Supervisor, part-time, based in Freetown, Sierra Leone
BetterDayz is currently looking to fill the role of Coordinator / Supervisor.
The Coordinator represents the founders of BetterDayz on the ground, and supervises the activities and smooth day-to-day running of BetterDayz. This position is based on a yearly, renewable contract, and is subject to an initial 3-month probationary period. The Coordinator will report to the BetterDayz Board Members in Sierra Leone.
- Provide administrative support to the founders (ensure charity documents and receipts are availableand in place in a timely manner)
- Participate in various meetings, whether with the authorities on charity matters or with the educationestablishments
- Visit the students in the care of BetterDayz at least once a month or on a need basis
- Assess the educational progress and needs of each student as well as their well-being (feeding,health, housing) and provide a monthly report
- Report any issues in the first line to the Board Members in Sierra Leone and in the second line tothe founders of BetterDayz in a timely manner
- Be prepared to carry out other tasks, e.g. accompany a student to hospital – BetterDayz needs anadaptable, flexible person who can do any task including but not limited to those listed above for the welfare of the students
- Not discriminate against race, gender, ethnics or religion.
- Excellent organisational skills
- Very good English – spoken and written
- Must show flexibility (working hours may vary) and ability to deal with tasks of a different nature
- Must show initiative in challenging situations
- Computer skills (Microsoft and email)
- Exhibit honesty and integrity at all times
University degree or equivalent, preferably in the area of accounting and psychology or social work.
Salary and Benefits:
- Le 600,000 per month gross for 20 hours of work per week
- Stipend for transport and data
BetterDayz is a small charitable organisation with headquarters in Austria, Europe. It operates in Freetown, Sierra Leone, and provides support to young adults wishing to return to education.
BetterDayz is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply send your Cover Letter and CV by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by
25 February 2021.